Monday, June 2, 2008

Get Out Of My SKULL!

The skeletal spotlight shines this time on:
The 2006 Bones Exhibit in Huntsville, AL


"Look, mommy! I'm going to need therapy!"

What I wouldn't give to have this for a Halloween decoration in my front yard!

In 2006 The Bones Exhibit at the Sci-Quest Hands-On Science Center in Huntsville, Alabama gave visitors a chance to see the inner workings of the skeleton up close. Of interest to me is the giant skull that you could crawl in and look out of the eyehole. I suppose this was so one could see how it feels to be a maggot crawling in and out, like the kids song tells us. "The worms crawl in, the worms crawl out, the worms play pinocle on your snout."

It would have been a lot more interesting, and probably better attended, if the rest of the song had been illustrated, rather than boring facts. I'd pay good money, and the kids would have dragged the parents to see how "your stomach turns a slimy green, and pus pours out like whipping cream." Then they could have spread it on a piece of bread for a truly interactive experience.


Although popular with the crowds, the night watchman absolutely hated the exhibit.


For more details, go here:


I just want to know where they got a real skull that big.

2 comments:

Mr. Karswell said...

OMG! My kid would flip out if he could crawl inside a giant skull... me too. Any idea if this is a permanant or traveling exhibit?

Thanks for keeping up the older posts longer too!

Frederick said...

Karswell,

I think it was a temporary traveling exhibit, that's what the original article seemed to indicate. I haven't found anny information about where it might have gone next.

It would be a cool thing to get inside somebody else's head and see things from their point of view, even if they;re dead.