Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Living Skeleton

Today's Skeletal Spotlight shines on:
"The Living Skeleton" story
From Gold Key's "Boris Karloff Tales of Mystery" June, 1970.
(Click image to enlarge.)

If I were a betting man, I'd put my money on the night watchman.

Ooooh, spoooooky!
To get the full effect, this is best read with a flashlight, under the covers, when you are 8 years old. Even then, the most you might get is a slight shiver; this is not the scariest thing ever written. But it's supposed to be a true story, which does make it a little creepy. And after all, we both know that kindly, grandfatherly Boris Karloff or Gold Key Comics wouldn't lie to us kids, would they? Would they?
In the inescapable logic of Criswell...

"Can you prove that it didn't happen?"

I didn't think so.

1 comment:

CRwM said...

"And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future."

Man, Criswell's mind is like a laser cutting through reason and language to light the truth! I am in awe. Seriously, totally nipple-deep in awe.