Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Space Skeleton!

The Skeletal Spotlight shines this time on:
A "Space:1999" newspaper ad

In space, no-one can smell you rot. (Till they open the door, then pheeeeew!)

Well, since I spent so long yesterday posting the video for my "movie," I thought I'd take it easy today and lay a newspaper clipping from my old scrapbook on ya. The circa-1976 ad copy "Planet of the Living Dead" plays up the aspect of the moist skeletal corpse in the photo to good effect, and although I was a bit luke-warm about "Space:1999," (being a true Trekker) I liked the ad enough to clip it and save it. Wow, it's a good thing I did, or some 32-odd years later I might have actually had to work on this post today.


Whew! Is that foresight or what?

I might add that even lukewarm about it, I watched it when I could as a teen, sci-fi being scarce as it was then. I cut out any newspaper articles about it, bought the first issue of the comic magazine, the View-Master reel set, the soundtrack cassette, and some of the bubble-gum cards, all of which I still have. But that was about the extent of my collecting... I always liked UFO better. Those purple-wigged gals really launched my rocket!


"So how 'bout it?"

1 comment:

Mr. Karswell said...

>Those purple-wigged gals really launched my rocket!

But are they TRUE purples? I need to see proof from the regions below.